The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gona go do some last minuet scouting behind my house. whats some things to look for. i am gona go listen in the am but gona go walk arond here in a bit then walk around again in the mid morning tomorrow. its alot of hard woods and lots of oak trees and mountain laural has a creek that the goes in the middel of it for a ways. and has a pipe line on both sides of the creek. and logain roads and lots of ridges and some flats.

·
Registered
145 Posts
And if you don't find any of that there, look other places. Gobbling in the morning being the best indicator. Don't limit yourself to just one patch of ground.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Birds always seem to roost in the same areas. Get out early and listen for gobbling.
I have three hammering away roosted in the same area i killed one last yr.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Outdoorsman, not only do you want to find the area in which they roost, pinpoint the tree. Like Bootoxen said, turkey will roost in the same area. I hunted a bird that roosted in the same tree for much of the season. Get out early, and just move in as close as possible. It may take a couple days to get close enough to figure out which tree they are in, but it's worth the effort. You can watch them on the roost, see where they go when they fly down, and also see how they react to the hens. Good luck, and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts