The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul (Forestman3) and I made a little scouting trip to the west last week. One of the highlights of the trip was stopping to meet Bob Wendt. It was an interesting trip to say the least. We scouted out three areas over two states. First two went down in flames and each time I would call Bob and ask for his help on where to look next. With his help we finally found something we're hoping is worth the trip this fall. Here's a couple pics from our stop at Bob and Kathy's.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I saw that too lion. Hunter, trapper, tourist. Lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey now,,, those are my work flip flops. I wear those in the summer more than anything else I own. Sorry if you have to work for a living.

·
Registered
749 Posts
if you go to Nebraska to trap be prepared for a 15-30% mange in your catch..someone should have ask i know a trapper that could have gave some insight and possibly some leads on farms to trap..

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hey walker I allmost called and got your dads number before we left but I like to do things the hard way you know.lol I`m far from ready but cann`t wait till we get to setting traps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your going to the sandhills look for 40% to 50% mange. lots of coyotes just bad coyotes. what there is good are very nice. fur is good there around last week of October.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts