The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
One of the property owners that had me come in and go over his property last spring sent me this picture yesterday. It was taken at a mineral site we set up. With another month of growing yet to go this should be a good buck. We already have his stands prepped and ready to go. I know he's in the right spots... just hope he can get it done. He's pretty excited about the upcoming season and I'm pretty excited about it for him.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I walked some woods today and nothing on the white oaks I looked at. I did get a picture of a nice buck walking down a logging road one morning and by the looks of his belly he's not missing any meals. He should gain some decent tine length and could be a good 140 buck maybe this fall. I noticed lots of red oaks are being eaten by I'm guessing gypsy moths.
IMG_0062.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
A couple nice looking bucks. Good luck with them. I plan on checking some cams next week. Hoping to see something like those.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'm going with the Spypoint cameras that send pics to my phone this year. I found that by checking cameras, I was doing exactly what I didn't want to do...educating and alerting deer. I didn't put a camera out last year after evidence that they were spooking older class deer. Finally killed a slammer buck that I had been hunting for three years, but had never seen.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
My cameras go up this weekend. I keep them in areas that cause the least human disturbance. Mainly along field edges over mineral sites. Cellular cameras are on my bucket list but just can't justify replacing my 50 or so memory card cameras at this point.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I put a camera for the first time in Wayne National a couple weeks ago and left it. It's just on a game trail in some oaks in the middle of no where and I don't expect many pictures. A cellular would be nice but a little pricey if some jack wagon decides he wants it. I only have three working camera's and probably could use a few more. Ohio deer permits went on sale today and there was talk about not allowing non resident to purchase deer tags yet because of covid, but I was able to buy my either sex tag this morning so it's a go for Ohio for me.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts