The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little over 3 months until archery starts in 5C. Finally got 2 cameras out. Hopefully I have some decent deer this year. Last season I passed up way to many deer because they were to small. Had cameras out in 2 E for a month now having some good sized does and what looks to be some decent bucks already.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Same as every year..... around the last week of turkey season my thoughts become consumed by deer hunting. From the end of May all the way up until mid January. Not a big camera guy but I will be practicing with the bow a lot. Waiting to see what kind of acorn crop we get. Putting some boots on the ground and driving around glassing fields. Not trying to wish my life away but the summer is an exciting time of year for me because I know archery will be here before we know it and it’s also when I start prepping for the season.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Yup! Cams have been out since the turkey season started to slow down. Seeing some fawns and bucks are starting to grow their antlers, too. It's an exciting time for sure. I have been fortunate enough to gain access to 2 small private properties close to where I live. Been traveling over 1/2 hour from home since I moved back to Bucks County to hunt near Lake Nockamixon. Will still hunt up there this Fall, but it sure is nice to have a few spots I can easily get to after work, also!

·
Super Moderator
12,513 Posts
I usually put out a number of T Cams during mid July; however, with the EHD drastically reducing the quantity of deer in my area, I will have get energized. Back during the Winter snows I saw very few deer tracks in bedding and feeding area....not good.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Put a few cams out this past week and weedwacked a few paths to stand locations as well as some trails to try to steer the deer through some of the nasty briar patches and raspberry thickets that pop up every year. Have seen a few that are on their way to growing some nice racks this year so yeah im starting to get a lil bit into it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts