The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the camp and attended our Court of Honor. I will post some photos in the morning when I get time to upload them. I am still cleaning up the camping gear. The boys had a GREAT time with shooting sports. Thanks to all the guys from the Cresson club that helped with the shotgun merit badge and trap shooting and the rifle merit badge and 22 shooting. The boys also enjoyed the 3d shoot. Believe it or not they even had fun working.

Dean aka, deadon4

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
had a great time at the event.the dutch oven cooking was great. loved the chile and venison.i missed out on the bear. the scouts were very helpful.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Nice to meet you Dean.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Pleasure watching them. They all looked to enjoy themselves!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunmaster,

Your not to far from my camp. Sometime in the next year when I have the scouts spend a weekend at my camp I will PM you. You bring the wild game and I will bring the ovens. If you kill it, I will cook it. Sound like a plan to you.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Deadon, It was a distinct pleasure to have the boys at the event. From my observation they did indeed have fun - both on the job and on the ranges.

Thanks to the scoutmaster for giving his time for such a worthy cause as well!

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Deadon...Great to see the scouts there. Court of honor was really nice.

Ryan and I also really appreciated the offer to come to the campfire this morning! It was just what the doctor ordered on the cold, dewy morning.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
larry,
nice to have met you and your son. and yes it was cold at the camp site. the fire in the morning was warm. we left the top of our tent off it was a little colder but did not have that much condensation.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scouting Pic's

Here are some of the photos from the Scouting Camp
Making pizza in oven

Leaders getting a break without the boys

Hotdogs anyone

Bear, venison, beefstew, chili

Scout Flags

Hanging out at the range

This gun is bigger than me

Opening ceremony at the Court of Honor

Boys who advanced in Rank

The troop

University Students helping out during the weekend

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Re: Scouting Pic's

Hello Dean! It was very nice having the troop at the club over the weekend!

We really look forward to getting the troop on board with more events at the club...

We recently added a youth advisory council and currently only have two youth members on it, would be nice to have the troop participating in it as well!

We really appreciated the help from the kids! Was a really great team effort from them!

THANKS AGAIN! I cannot say this enough!

We have our regular membership meeting tonight if you are interested in attending...

Would be nice to have you there for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts