The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchases a ruger m77 in a 223 ... looking for 4X12ish scope to put on it. i would like to get a silver scope to match the gun ...nikon makes one for about 300 bucks any opinions on nikon scopes out there. or any other suggestions for under 300 dollars?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have been very satisfied with all of my Nikons. I'm not sure what model you're looking at but I have had several Buckmasters and Monarchs now and they have all proven reliable, bright, and clear at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a buckmaster... i own a few leupolds but not looking to spend that much on this one because im not sure how much use this gun will get

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Check out the Bushnell Trophy line - although I am not sure they make silver. I have 1 or 2 of their 3-9x40 and have been pleased, as owned their handgun scope in this line and they have all been good for me...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nikon now makes a 4x12 in the prostaff line that is right around 180 at cabelas and online look at swfa.com there are tons of scopes there and u can compare different ones too

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Money on decent glass is well spent. I have never purchased a scope and rifle and thought to myself "I should of put cheaper glass on it" after using it. Now on the other hand I have put cheaper glass on guns and thought I should of spent more.

The Buckmaster line should serve you well for a combination of price and quality. Look at the Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes as well they have good glass for the money. Another one to look into is Vortex, I don have experience with them but hear good things about them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have the same rifle in the 300 win mag with a nikon buckmaster 3x9x40. i love the set up, it shoots dead on year after year. the price wont kill your wallet either and it comes in silver to match the gun. i deffinetly recommend this scope to anyone

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I love nikon have there scopes on all my guns. Most are pro staffs and i have a few buckmasters very clear glass water prof and very durable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts