The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m want to put a scope on top of my Benelli Super Black Eagle II for turkey hunting. I have a hard time sighting with the bead on the end of the barrel these days. Any recommendations on a scope?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Have you looked at the Burris Speed Bead with either a Burris Fast Fire or Vortex Venom? I also have a SBE2, and that was my original plan, then I went to Walmart and got a TriStar Raptor 20 gauge. I decided to build that into a turkey gun.

·
Super Moderator
13,526 Posts
I have a Leopold 1X4 on one of my turkey, but far prefer a red dot Burris FF3 also.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Several years ago decided on a dedicated turkey gun. Decided to have my 12 ga 3.5" Browning Gold Stalker for the gun. Had receiver drilled & tapped & mounted Bushnell Trophy XLT Scope 1.75-4x32mm w/Circle-X Reticle. Gunsmith suggested a Weaver #62 base which has a rock solid 5 screw mount to supplement my Warne solid steel low rings which will handles the heavy 12 ga 3.5" magnums recoil. Love the generous eye relief plus great field of view of this scope!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you would like to stay with a bead and be able to see it . Try a champion easy hit long bead. I have 2 of these on Turkey guns. I don’t like a scope on my turkey gun. I have the longer one in green. The end of the fiber optic is inside the tube so you have to be down on it to see it. You would have to be blind not to be able to see it well. Killed lots of turkeys with that!
Or go with the Burris FF3. I would do one of those before a scope.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
If you would like to stay with a bead and be able to see it . Try a champion easy hit long bead. I have 2 of these on Turkey guns. I don’t like a scope on my turkey gun. I have the longer one in green. The end of the fiber optic is inside the tube so you have to be down on it to see it. You would have to be blind not to be able to see it well. Killed lots of turkeys with that!
Or go with the Burris FF3. I would do one of those before a scope.
Are they the sticky on type??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you looked at the Burris Speed Bead with either a Burris Fast Fire or Vortex Venom? I also have a SBE2, and that was my original plan, then I went to Walmart and got a TriStar Raptor 20 gauge. I decided to build that into a turkey gun.
Did you get a speed bead mount to fit on the raptor?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've used a Simmons Pro Diamond 1.5-5 for years on my Remington 870 Super Mag pump. I absolutely love it. Will never go without a scope on my turkey gun. Once you put one on you'll be asking yourself why you didn't do it sooner.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I have 3 Pro Diamonds, on both 835`s and one on my Mossy 20ga as well, and I can vouch for what WW said also, once you get that Gobblers head inside the Diamond he `s dead....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts