The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a scope put on my pistol and I am having trouble getting it sighted in. I had a red dot on this pistol before and could hit a bullseye at 50 yards. now I am having trouble raising elevation at 25.I keep adjusting scope and nothing seems to change. I am thinking its the way I am holding my arms out or something any help?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Try shooting it from a bench on sand bags, if you are still low you may have run out of elevation.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Is the recticle stuck? Ive had that happen. Ive kept adjusting and nothing changes then all of a sudden it jumps 6 inches on the target when I shoot. Of course it was colder out then. When I adjust it now I give it just a little tap after turning the dial.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Set up the gun firmly in a V bag or between sand bags and turn the vertical adjustment, you should see the crosshairs move up and down.

You can also walk the scope. Fire a few shots, turn it like 10 clicks right, fire a few shots, turn it like 10 clicks down, fire a few shots, turn it like 10 clicks left, fire a few shots, turn it like 10 clicks up, and fire a few shots. You should have drawn the corners of a square with your groupings and the final group should be at the same POI as the original if the scope is working correctly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is the update I did not realize that at 25 yards I had to multiply how many clicks I moved by 4 so I wasn't moving enough . the scope is 1/2 inch per click at 100 yards. so I did some math and now it is shooting good. I still have some elevation to spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts