The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Scope ?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mackgee 
#1 ·
Im looking for scope suggestions for a 223. I have leupolds on my other rifles. If I was to get a leupold it would probably be a vx 2 3x9x40 or Leupold Ultralight VX-II 3-9x33mm. These are $280 to $305. Any suggestions in this price range or cheaper?

#2 ·
Elite 4200 3-9x40 ($200), Minox ZA3 ($290,open box special), Vortex Viper ($280), or the new Elite ($300) would be what I would look at. They should all out perform the Leupolds. You need to decide if having Leupold's name backing up the scope is worth the lesser performance to you. To many here it is.

The Minox ZA3 will completely outclass the VX-2 and will easily compete with the VX-3. It's a real bargain from CameraLand.

If you need to go as cheap as possible while still demanding excellent performance, you really can't go wrong with the Elite 4200 for $200.

#4 ·
Let's see, we have the VX-II 3-9x40mm for 274.99, and the Ultralite 3-9x33mm for $304.95. We have the leftover Elite 3200 3-9x50mm for $215.95, and the best deal we have going we have the newer Elite 3-9x40 for $229.95. Of course free priority mail shipping too!

All of these scopes are excellent for the price and will be more than adequate for what you are working with. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any decision you make with these scopes. Good luck and let me know if we can help you out at all. I'm always up to talk optics! Let us know what you choose and how you make out.

Mac

#5 ·
mackgee said:
Let's see, we have the VX-II 3-9x40mm for 274.99, and the Ultralite 3-9x33mm for $304.95. We have the leftover Elite 3200 3-9x50mm for $215.95, and the best deal we have going we have the newer Elite 3-9x40 for $229.95. Of course free priority mail shipping too!

All of these scopes are excellent for the price and will be more than adequate for what you are working with. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any decision you make with these scopes. Good luck and let me know if we can help you out at all. I'm always up to talk optics! Let us know what you choose and how you make out.

Mac
I will and your prices are cheaper then what I seen at the gun stores.

#9 ·
huntRodG said:
mackgee said:

Mac
I will and your prices are cheaper then what I seen at the gun stores.
Thanks, I try to keep the prices the best I can. In fact for the huntingpa.com crowd, if you are willing to drive to the Lebanon area or meet me in my travels between Harrisburg and the Cabelas area you can knock off an additional $10 since I don't have to ship it. Please contact me here first and don't go through the website so I can get you the right price. Understand I'm not making personal deliveries, but do travel around a good bit and can meet you on the way to wherever I'm headed. Thanks !

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.