The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else ever have this happen ? working up a load for my 338 lapua, have a load for 185 gr barnes and 225 gr barnes. Going on a bear hunt with the possibility of 300 + yd. shot so I thought I would work up a load of 265 barnes LRX. Went to the range fri. eve. the 265 were all over the paper, this gun usually groups under an inch! Tried some 185 and they were all over! Next tried 225 and they were all over! Checked the mount screws and the screws for the stock, both were tight.Appeared as if it was shooting to the left so I thought I would change it, upon removing the caps I found the screws for the turrets were loose! They were ready to fall off ! I tightened them and the next three cut each other, then shot my last two at 200 yds. they were about 3/4 inch apart. Never had that happen before ! Anyone else ever have this happen?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
the sccope turrets on all of my target/varmint scope have to have the set screws tight for the stuff inside to move. What brand scope are you using?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I would send it back to Bushnell just to be on the safe side. They give good service, especially on the Elite line of optics. I just can't see the set screws on the outside holding the erector and guts together. I have two Elites and think highly of them, but they are just regular hunting scopes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts