The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered the 44mag in a Big Boy Steel and I want to scope it. I'm looking for a small compact scope. I think big 3x9's look out of place on lever actions. Anyone have any recommendations. A straight 6x is as big as I want to go but what else would serve that rifle well? I checked out the weaver k series 4x and 6x. They look like a nice scope at an affordable price. Looking to stay under $300. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I would go with something like the Vortex Diamondback 1.5-5x32, they're on sale right now at Cabela's for $150. That weaver straight 6 is going to be almost as big as many of the 3-9's on the market. I would want the variable power, especially in a brush gun. I don't think a 44mag would ever require more than 4-5x

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I put a Leupold 2-7x28 Rimfire on my Marlin 1895 and it looks awesome. Don't worry about the rimfire label, that pertains to the size only. I was told it could go on an elephant gun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I mounted this Bushnell 1.5 to 4.5X scope on my RUGER 44 MAG. Bright and clear optics for less than $80.

TR

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
VARI-X3 1.5-5 X 20MM, no doubt about it. Nice compact scope for on that lever gun and plenty of magnification for any shot that you'll take with it. Great light gathering scope as well. Take care of them and both will last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Leopold Rifleman 2-7x33 I have one on my marlin 338 marlin express and it is a great scope the vx-1 is just a few dollars more.
I also have a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 which is made by Leupold in Oregon mounted on a .243 single shot. It also a very good scope for the money.

·
Registered
928 Posts
VARI-X3 1.5-5 X 20MM, no doubt about it. Nice compact scope for on that lever gun and plenty of magnification for any shot that you'll take with it. Great light gathering scope as well. Take care of them and both will last you a lifetime.
I have one being shipped to me now. Henry 4570 . Ordered the Weaver 63B base and low Leupold PRW rings. Went with the VAri x3 1.5 to 5. Am a little concerned that it might be too low, but I am hoping with the hammer spur extention I might be alright. If not I'll have to get medium rings.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Put a Leupold on it, you won`t be disappointed and they are made in America....

Reactions: .257

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
I have one being shipped to me now. Henry 4570 . Ordered the Weaver 63B base and low Leupold PRW rings. Went with the VAri x3 1.5 to 5. Am a little concerned that it might be too low, but I am hoping with the hammer spur extention I might be alright. If not I'll have to get medium rings.
If you ever decide to clean that one out of your cabinet, be sure to let me know. Nice outfit!!!

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
I would put a 1-4x20 Leupold VXII on the rifle. Classic scope for a classic gun.
I have one on my newly acquired Ruger Am ranch .450 bushmaster. Great scope.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I would put a 1-4x20 Leupold VXII on the rifle. Classic scope for a classic gun.
I have the same scope on mine, and it has performed FLAWLESSLY on both shotguns and rifles. Stays zeroed no matter what. Even had it on my crossbow for a season.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if it was me i would look into something like 1.5 to 5 power scopes with at least a 38 mm objective lens for the light gathering ability. helps when its a dark day or at dawn or dusk. the smaller scopes will not help with this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts