The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used Rem 700 in .243, with a 3x9 Lyman scope. I don't know much about Lyman scopes; it looks like a pretty run-of-the-mill scope. Are they even still made? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
From Lymans website:

SCOPES
Q: I have an old All American Scope which is in need of repair. Where do I send it?
A: Lyman has not manufactured scopes for quite some time. We have sold the last of our parts and fixtures to a company in Ohio, who is currently making repairs to the scopes. We would recommend you contact them directly at: Parsons Scope Service 2213 Smith Road PO Box 192 Ross, OH 45061 513-867-0820 [email protected]

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Those old Lymans were good scopes, I have about 5 or 6 of them. But I would not think of spending anything at all to have one repaired. I would buy a new scope,with a warranty, and be ahead of the game.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Most old Lyman scopes do NOT have permanently centered cross-hairs. so they usually need to have mounts shimmed or the crosshairs will be way off center. also for Pa deer season, they will fog.
There were good in their day, but poor by modern standards,

·
Premium Member
24,059 Posts
I owned seevral of the Lyman All Americans about 40 years ago. All had fogging problems.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loggy...I'm told my scope is a 1980's version, so not quite 40 years old. Non-the-less, it doesn't sound like it's any gem!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts