The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use on your crossbow? Mine came with red dot but I tried one on my turkey shotgun and didnt like so I dont know to try it on crossbow or just go and get a scope??? What scopes are you guys using?

·
Registered
20,408 Posts
I don't but into the thinking that top end glass is needed on crossbows as the range remains short. With that said, I don't like the super cheap stuff either.

I like Hawke Optics MAP, Excalibur Varizones and TenPoints line of crossbow scopes. Parker scopes are made by Hawke as well.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
I use open sights on my Excal Exocett 200, but I shot an Excal with the Varizone on it and it was very clear and accurate. They also make a lighted version called the Lumizone, but lighted scopes make me nervous.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I use a red dot and love it. I switched 2 years ago to a scope, but hated it and had to switch back mid season. The red dot is a single dot, and makes things simple. Sight it in for 25 yards and go from there. Anything up to 25 yards just put it on it. Farther out aim alittle higher. Looking through the scope messed with my yardage, I would always second guess myself.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
PSA said:
Hawke scopes!
+1 Hawke multi rec...crosshairs set at 10 yard intervals. Stay hungry my friends!!! You are going to need too to eat all that venison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts