The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on scopes, red dots, or halogram sights? What are some of the better ones and your experiences with them? It would be going on a single shot 20 gauge. There's a local shop with a few Nikon TurkeyPro scopes at a decent price but I'm thinking more towards the red dot

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Red dot x1000000 but only if it's a good one. Burris Fastfire II is pricey but awesome. I've matured a bit since I bought it, not sure I'd spend the cash at this point but I'm sure glad I was willing then..... I love it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Both will work great. Scope doesn't provide the same field of view. I have a bushnell TRS25 and Burris Fastfire III on guns and they both have been great.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Burris fasfire 3. Don't buy any of the cheaper junky ones. You'll love it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I personally prefer a red dot due to no parallax, shoot with both eyes open for clearer view. Even if fogged or worse just superimpose the dot and you're good to go. As far as brand, I use a Tasco shotgun and bow. Several good ones out there. I tried a holographic sight awhile back and didn't like it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been looking at the Burris FF3 for awhile now!! It'll be put on a TC Prohunter 20 gauge......does it make sense to put one on a 20? I think it does! Hevi Shot 13 choke and Hevi Shot Mag Blends throw some pretty promising patterns at 30-40 yards!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Very fine choice all around. Sounds like a sweet setup. I think it makes perfect sense. Purchase the sight and post up a pic.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Fast fire 3. Can't beat it on a turkey gun. The closer they are, the more likely to swing and miss with a pattern that's smaller than your fist

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Aimpoint 9000sc. Had a Burris FF3 the past couple seasons on my benelli. Moved on to the aimpoint and like it much better.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
agreed, and why I don't shoot the ultra tight patterns because I refuse to shoot past 30. No fun for me. I want them on my lap or I'll wait for another day

BowMaster5687 said:
Fast fire 3. Can't beat it on a turkey gun. The closer they are, the more likely to swing and miss with a pattern that's smaller than your fist

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
agreed, and why I don't shoot the ultra tight patterns because I refuse to shoot past 30. No fun for me. I want them on my lap or I'll wait for another day

BowMaster5687 said:
Worth it's weight in gold when a coyote rears it's ugly head LOL

·
Registered
18,528 Posts
I've used all three. I'm a big fan of the quality red dots out there. I have an Aimpoint 9000SC on both my Benelli SBE2 and Mossberg 835. Also great for predator hunting at night.
My daughter's scattergun sports a Burris FFIII. I do like that sight very much but am still partial to the Aimpoints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts