The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Some have scopes intended for use on a 22 rimfire. The scoped ones that I shoot the most, all have inexpensive centerfire scopes with adjustable objective.

·
Registered
10,917 Posts
Denny has the right idea. You don't need the best but you need something better than the junk most makers sell as a 22 scope. Then an AO is an absolute must if you want to shoot groups of little bitty holes.

The Simmons 22 Mag with the AO is a good deal at about $60. The Muellers are good for the $. I have 2 APVs. They are around $120.

Check out Rimfirecentral.com for some other input.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Leupold 3x9 compact with parallax re-adjusted to 60 yd.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
The old Winchester has this little 1/2" diameter scope, probably as old as it is. There was an old Weaver 4x in the gun cabinet that came off Dad's old 300 savage, I added it to the Rem 22 pump...nice and clear w/ 1" objectives and very skinny cross hairs, works well for me.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Sorry Moosehunter i took off 3x9 Redfield Widefield and put on Bushnell XLT Trophy 4x12x40 on my ss Marlin 22 mag. I keep my eye sharp with my 870 Rifled bbl. Hopein to get H&R single shot soon and scope that also....later

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I have on a ruger 10/22 stainless model wood stock a nice Simmons 3x9x32MM made in japan,the bell has the red ring around it nice set up.I purchased the gun about 2 years ago in a gun shop on the used rack without the scope 150.00 out the door i wold say 99 percent mint made in 1993

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I have a Simmons on mine I think. It does the job adequately.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I like the Simmons 22 Mag as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts