The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a old Bushnell wide field 1=4x scope on a Savage 24 O/U: 20 ga mag and 22 mag. I really like the scope. Have had it repaired once. Have hunted turkey with it, but have not shot one. I have shot squirrels, fox, chucks and one dove with it. Eye relief is about 2" (very critical on a shotgun scope).

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a Tru-Glo Gobble Stopper on my 11-87 20ga. I just got the Nikon TurkeyPro for my 11-87 12ga. As BowMaster said, it all comes down to preference.

IMO 7x i think would be a bit much. Depends on what youre used to as well. I cant have magnification up alot or i have trouble finding things, so I often keep the settings on lowest.

·
Registered
470 Posts
get a scope that allows for low light conditions, often very critical in the first light of a new dawn, keeping on the lowest setting also helps. A fixed 2.5 X is all that is really needed, its more of a "aiming point" tool than one of a magnification asset.

·
Registered
470 Posts
that should do fine, Nikons are top line, good to for the low light resolution, just don't get caught turning it up to 7x to check out a birds beard, then forgetting to dail it back down before the bird closes in. Movement is an obvious factor, but not being able to find the bird when hes up close and personal is critical. Let us know what you decided , and the pros and cons on its use !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.