The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Warne Maxima QD steel rings that I want to mount a scope in. These rings mount to a weaver-style base. Problem is, I cannot find anything but aluminum bases for the rifle. Will there be any issues with mating steel rings to aluminum bases?

·
Registered
889 Posts
You can use a different base if it fits. Remember that different bases have different slot widths. Some fit loose, and some fit tight. So you need to check. Does Warne not sell the base you want?? They will sell direct to you if you can not find anyone who has the base you want. Tom.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
only time you run into Alum/Steel issues is when they are bare. Coating on rings and bases should offer a good fit with no problems

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
I've had some steel Burris ZEE rings on aluminum Weaver bases for several years, no problems I am aware of?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
4c has it. no problem at all. the aluminum is obviously lighter, if you want to save an ounce or 2. The Aluminum also lets you tighten the ring/base bolts better.
I've had steel/aluminum comos for 45 years and they work perfectly.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll try and contact Warne first. Otherwise, I'll try a set of Weaver alum bases.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have called Warne a few times over the years. Every time a pretty nice lady answered the phone and took care of what I needed. They are good people who stand behind what they sell. They replaced a base for me one time, and I ordered it wrong. It was my mistake and I told her so. And she still took care of it. What more can you ask for?? Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts