The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new Rem model 700 that I need to mount a scope on.
I'm I better off getting a one piece base that mounts to the rife, and then rings that clamp onto the base, or one piece rings where each ring screws directly into the rifle??
I'm interested in what's most accurate.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
On a sporter I like Talley one piece scope mount rings. On heavy kickers or long range rigs I like either a Picatinny rail and rings or dual dovetail rings and bases.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have Leupold mounts (base and 2 rings) on my Sako AV, Rem 700 and Rem 760.

On my Rem 141 I have Weaver style.
On my AR-30 338WM I have a picatiny set up.

With rings and mounts, if you stick with a trusted name, there really is no wrong answer. IMHO

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just put Burris 2 pcs bases and Burris signature rings with the poly inserts on a 7mm I just got. I have them on my 300RUM and really like them.

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
I have Talley Lightweights on a 300WSM that I am very happy with. Talley steel (non-qd) mounts/rings on a 264WM that I am likewise very happy with. I have Warne rings (older ones) on a 257 Bob, and those are going away soon. They are pot metal, and feel cheap. Never let me down, but they can be changed for something better.

I have Leupold STD mounts on a 300H&H and a 35 Whelen. They're ok, but I want to change them as well when time permits. The 300 will be tricky, as it's a pre-war M70, and it's a 3-hole mount. Not easy to switch out. The Whelen is an M70 classic, and I see Talley's in that one's future. I have Leupold PRW's on a pre-64 M70 in 30-06. I like them a lot. For a weaver-compatible ring, I like the PRW a lot.

Probably my favorites of the whole bunch are the Talley Lightweights. Simple, rugged, and effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts