The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a parker tornado and I put my 2-7 leoupold shotgun scope on it.My elevation is maxed out and I am still three inches low at 25 yards.Anyboby have a suggesstion?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Look over they way it's mounted again. It sounds like some part of your mount needs attention. There should be enough adjustment to get you in the bullseye.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrowhead the mounting system looks fine I never fired the bow with the red hot scope that came with it.I dont believe I can shim a weaver style mount, but wonder if I can shim the weaver rail that attaches to the bow,what is your opinion?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I mounted this scope on a parker buckbuster 150 last fall and I had no problems.come to think of it I did use the weaver rings that came off of my shotgun not the ones that came with the tornado ,gonna check to see if there is adifference

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the rings on the shotgun are slightly lower than the rings that came on the tonado and the tornado scope rail is higher than the buckbusters scope rail hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
127 Posts
I shimmed a scope on a rifle one time by cutting a piece out of a soda can and putting it between the scope and the ring. It was cheap and it works if you need just a little change of position. (somebody at Trops gun shop suggested it to me)
FH

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sounds to me like your mounting rail is bent or not on correctly. I would check that out first and if it OK then use a shim om the front mount!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone for your suggesstions I used the lower rings that came with the crossbow and it worked out I just like the quality optics that my leupold provides and dont care for the crossbow scopes they throw in for free on the crossbow packages thanks again for all of your input

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
Good luck I hope you get a deer with it.Please remember though most crossbow scopes have a range finding recticle.The reason is after 20 yards the arrows drop like a rock.If you limit your shots to 20 you will be fine.They are not guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts