The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? Something that will hold zero and would like to keep under $100 if possible. It will be mounted on an 870.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I still have the Bantam that came with my mossberg. It has not lost zero and has been fired well over 200 times. I have the permanent bruise to prove it

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Have a trophy red dot on my slug gun. I think around 80-90 bucks. Holds perfect zero, quick on target.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I bought a cheap cabelas branded scope(trekker?) 4 years ago, think I paid $40 for it from the bargain cave. I have it zeroed at 100 its been zeroed since I put it on.

My 870 takes a beating every year, and has lots of rounds thru it each season.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I might just spring for the Nikon.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have the Nikon 2-7 on my 870 as well. I picked up a lightly used one on ebay for $60. Great scope and can't beat it at that price.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Make sure you get a scope with 3.5" to 4" of eye relief. Otherwise, you may leave a blood trail!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
i have a million year old tasco on my 870, been there for 10 years. everybody said it wouldnt last a year, well its still here and never failed. if i was to buy new, it would be the Nikon. i got one for my ithaca, but gave it to my cousin for his 870. great scope for the price.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I've had a cheap 4x Bushnell sportsview on mine for years. I originally bought it for a 22. I needed a scope so I figured I would try it. It's been on there for about 8 years now.

Not sure I would want to do that with a cheap 3-9. IMO a fixed power scope holds up better because of less parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts