The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of putting a scope on my Dan Wesson .357. Never handgun hunted before so looking for advice on what brand/power handgun scope to get.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I've been handgun hunting for 25+ years and personally, I like 2-6x scopes. I use the low power for hunting and the higher powers when shooting at the range.

If you don't like variable power scopes, stick with a low power scope like a 2x.

Lots of scope manufacturers have dropped handgun scopes from their line. Leupold, Burris and Weaver are still making them. Personally, I love Bushnell and have about 6-7 of their 2-6x handgun scopes.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Starting out.. i would say get a lower cost red dot scope and shoot for a while.. its a 357 your going to keep shots close. once you get used to it then make the jump to power if you decided to.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
I’ve owned a boat load of hunting revolvers and put a Burris 2x on a Ruger SBH 44Mag about 35 years ago. It didn’t live there long. It wasn’t for me, fun on sandbags, sucks in the woods and holsters. I’d think twice about it unless you want to buy mine! You might consider a red dot if iron sights battle your eyes. That said, for a hunting pistol (assuming it’s for deer), go with something bigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts