The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a scope for my Remington model 7 in 300 RSAUM so I was wondering what everyone else has on there model 7's or recommend I'm leaning towards a Leupold VX III in 3.5-10x40

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know it's a much cheaper scope but I just put an Intensity optics scope on mine. At 100 yards with factory 165 grainers I'm shooting 1/4 inch. I found the ammo at a shop up here for 25.00 a box so I decided to try it. I know the scope isn't a leupy but it holds very nice.....:)

·
Registered
889 Posts
We bought a Model 7 in 7-08 for my dad about 20 years ago. My brother has the rifle now. We mounted a Leupold 3X9 compact on the rifle. It matches the rifle very well. Just the right size and weight for the scope. It makes for a good looking rig. Tom.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Both of my Model 7 rifles have Leupold 3x9 Compacts...A scope with a 40 mm objective throws these small rifles horribly off balance plus it looks like you have an observatory mounted to the top of your rifle.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Big Ken said:
Both of my Model 7 rifles have Leupold 3x9 Compacts...A scope with a 40 mm objective throws these small rifles horribly off balance plus it looks like you have an observatory mounted to the top of your rifle.
I agree 100%,I have 2 Leupold 3-9 Compacts on Model Sevens also..the 40mm's seem to top heavy...

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I gun that nice needs good glass to fully taken advantage of what it can do. Stick with Leupold or Nikon and you should be fine. Your choice on power.

I enjoy short (overall length) and light deer guns, so my scopes are usually Leupold 2-7x32mm, Burris or Leupold 1.5-5x20mm or 1-4x20mm. I bet I own 5 Leupold 2-7's

·
Registered
18,710 Posts
2X-7X or one of the ever increasing 3X-9X compacts. For me, the overall look of a rifle is an important consideration. To my eyes, a model 7 with anything other than a short compact scope looks off the mark. JMHO.

Sweet rifle BTW.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
By far!...I had a standard 3X9 Leupold on my first Model 7, and it didn't stay there for long, it made the rifle ungainly and awkward...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was planning on getting a model 7 in 7mm08, and planning on getting a 2x7x33 Leupold Vari ll mounted on it.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
JimR said:
I was planning on getting a model 7 in 7mm08, and planning on getting a 2x7x33 Leupold Vari ll mounted on it.
That's the ticket there. Small, lightweight scopes on small, lightweight rifles not only look good, they're functionally perfect.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My son has a matte Leupold 3x9 on his..same cartridge and rifle..his is the black synthetic stainless version,,just about the perfect rifle that never caught on..they are really sought after these days, hang on to it..rarer than hen's teeth...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts