The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was driving home from the woods tonight I put on my breaks to avoid, what else, four deer crossing the highway. My crossbow was laying on the back seat and slid to the floor. It's a regular Subaru back seat, not a truck or something else. Is that enough to mess up the scope? Just wondering because I live in an apartment and it's kind of a big deal. I have to dig out my target, drag it to the car, and then find somewhere to set it up. I realize there's no concrete answer to this, but I'm just wondering how much of a knock it takes to knock it off target.
Thanks for your opinion

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You'll never know until you shoot it. No idea what kind of scope that you have or the quality of it. It's probably fine, but I'm not sure that I would be willing to risk the wounding of an animal on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Probably ok, but personally I would not take a shot at any wild game until I checked it on a target at very close range to start.
It is worth the time and effort to be sure as not to miss a shot at possibly a chance of a lifetime or worst to cripple any animal.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Like the other said you just have to shoot it to see. I bumped my scope the other night when getting ready, so I took a quick shot at 30 yards before leaving the yard just to make sure.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took all the advice and shot my bow before I went hunting. It was right on but the correct thing was to shoot it before I used it again. In retrospect it was kind of a dumb question, but thanks for the push in the right direction. You're right, you need to have that confidence.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Dropped mine about 18 feet out of a tree this morning in the dark! Landed on moss and leaves but shot 4 or 5" to the left when I checked it. Another "senior" moment! The other day I went to unload and didn't switch to my bolt with the blunt field tip and shot a broadhead thru the bag!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me, too.

Dropped mine about 18 feet out of a tree this morning in the dark! Landed on moss and leaves but shot 4 or 5" to the left when I checked it. Another "senior" moment! The other day I went to unload and didn't switch to my bolt with the blunt field tip and shot a broadhead thru the bag!

I did the same dumb thing last year. It's an expensive reminder. I hope I don't have another of those senior moments this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts