The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pop was up by the old homestead last week. He said that somebody was clearing land up around the Minersville Watershed property on the right going over the mountain to Gordon. Anybody know whats up?

·
Registered
853 Posts
IT'S A SHAME THANK GOD I DON'T HUNT THERE---I LIVE ABOUT 5 MINUTES FROM THAT MOUNTIAN THERE CLEARCUTTING IT ALL DOWN WINDMILLS GOING UP ALL OVER THEM MOUNTIANS

·
Registered
164 Posts
It was watershed land that was timbered...not saying windmills won't pop up but haven't heard anything about that on Minersville watershed yet. A lot of land up there but not much feed...game density is low except for maybe turkeys.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I heard windmills might be put up along the indian run valley. a friend who has land on the top of the mountain on the Blackwood side of the valley was approached by one of the energy companies about leasing their land for the proposed site.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
In my area of Schuylkill I grew up on its all strip mines

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know raptor studies were being conducted on the southwestern end of that mountain(s), closer to Pinegrove. It's part of the permitting process, but I don't know the what/where or details. Old strip mined land is not entirely bad...as long as it's still accessable land not regulated as gamelands or advertised as public hunting grounds. It provides hunting oppertunities for the locals and reduces the number of hunters who would otherwise be forced to hunt gamelands or other public lands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts