The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
This question can be interpreted in many ways and therefore have many ansnwers.

I will answer this question, "does scent reducing clothing do what they are designed to do?"

Answer: Yes they absolutely do. The clothing absorbs molecules that contribute to "scent" or odor. The more of these molecules that are absorbed the less "scent" is detected by game noses. It does not absorb 100% of these molecules so it does not ELIMINATE scent, but REDUCES it. The effectiveness depends on quality, care, etc.

With that said. It doesn't mean you can go into the woods smelling like a trash bag. Throw some scent reducing clothing on and see game. Remember the product does not ELIMINATE scent, but REDUCES it. Hunting skills must still be used.

Short answer: the products do what they are designed to do.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well,not like they advertise. Im very funny about my scent and at any given time in the archery season i have 2 layers of reactivated scent lok or scent blocker on. Scent lok head net also, with rubber boots. Then i spray down with scent killer. My clothes goes on at the tree and comes off at the truck. Also bathe in scent killer wash before going out. You can try to do everything right, but when the winds BAD, its BAD! Got nailed the last Friday of the season by a buck coming into a scrape, and taken all precautions, this time of year there nose is going non-stop, more so than earlier, looking for estrous does and all. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I picked up a pair of scent lok full season pants on clearance over the summer. My intent was to find the jacket on clearance as well but that didnt happen. I ended up paying full price for the jacket. Either way, I was happy with the clothing. Very comfortable and warm. Being my first year using scent lok, ive only been busted once. Ive had deer right under my stand and had several bucks within 15 yds. I know there are other scent control methods you can use with clothing but i like the simplicity of scent lok. Wash it once a month and activate it with the drier every 40 hours of use. Throw it on and hunt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts