The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a scent control, scent eliminator spray? Any strong recommendations on the best out there?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
You'll find a lot of opinions out there in this area. Some say "product A" works, others will say none of them work, hunt the wind only, and you will get those swear by other means of scent control like pine boughs in the garbage bag your clothes are in.

Personally, I don't think you can eliminate 100% of the human odors and environmental odors that you and your clothes come in contact with. I used quarts upon quarts of the sprays year after year. I've found the best is 1) do all you can to wash your clothing in either baking soda or one of the scent free detergents, hang dry them, and store them in unscented plastic bags in my bins. 2) A good scent elimination body wash, either Scent-A-Way, or Dead Down Wind, or any other unscented body wash. Dry with towels you washed in scent elimination detergent. 3) I always have a set of pants, shirts, socks that I washed in the unscented detergents that I wear to get to the hunt. 4) Dress at your vehicle, including hunting boots. 5) Use a cover scent, like fresh earth or white oak acorn, to cover any sweat smell you got going in. 6) Hunt the wind as much as you can!One scent elimination spray works as well as any other, as far as I'm concerned.

Last few years, I've gone to other means of scent control other than these.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My preference is to wash my clothes preseason in unscented detergent and then spray scent eliminator on the clothes before and after each hunt and pack clothing in a sealed container. After fulling gearing up and as I'm ready to walk in I spray fox urine on myself, from the bottoms of my boots to the top of my head. It smells horrible and your wife and kids will steer clear of you until you shower after, but trust me when I say the deer cannot pick up my human scent.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Is "white oak acorn" scent legal?
Scents and lures that contain any form of natural or artificial food stuff, including, but not limited to, corn, apple and acorns are not legal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts