The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to piggyback another rep post, we should try to get together sometime soon as well.

I dont know how many of you are planning to go to the PGC Open House in Shippensburg next weekend, but maybe we could do something around that time...Early Breakfast, Dinner or something.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yea I would like to meet up sometime soon. Someone said something about the 10th of april. I can not do that date.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Next weekend is not good form me I am taking my Hounds to New York to the coyote pens for Training. This weekend 171farm, and myself will be coyote hunting tomorrow along with SW rep gunmaster12.

I am all for getting together soon. Maybe we can do it on a Saturday and hunt coyote then meet at my camp after. Easter weekend is good for me, or most weekends in April if I know ahead so I can inform the group that hunts with me.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I know most of you already posted in the rep inros and such but instead of sifting through them how about we post in here where we are all from. This could give us an idea if we were to meet up somewhere central for most if thats pos.

Ill start it off...myself and Dean are both from Patton. We actually live a few blocks away.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Chambersburg.

btw, I will be making a post later today about meeting for a breakfast or dinner near Shippensburg on Saturday since the PGC Open House is that day. How many of you guys are going to the Open House?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I will be in Latrobe all day Saturday then leaving at 11:30pm Saturday night for Endicott NY to the coyote pens to take my hounds for training on Sunday. Not a good weekend for me. We need to plan something for Mid April so all 4 of us can plan ahead. I am looking at the Bedford area which is about midway for the 3 of us in Cambria county and flanuva in Chambersburg. Maybe Hoss's or the Steak house on the hill, or at Denny's.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Eds Steak House is a great place to eat...

State college would be more center though I think...

You are actually in Halifax correct Flanuva?

We could always me in State College, there are some cool places there, Mt. Nittany Inn is impressive if you have never been there before...

Mid april might be best for me as well...

My calendar is filling up quickly !

Tom

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
When looking at a map earlier Dean I noticed that Bedford or even would prob be the best logistically. It is slightly over a hour from all.

Edit: If state college works better state college is fine

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oh Crap... For some reason I was thinking he was in Halifax... HAHAHA! My bad...

Dont know where I saw Halifax at...

Eds is awesome, I love their Prime Rib...

Sounds good to me !

Tom

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey... There see I am not Crazy...

Thanks for the save 4C

Yes 171... I figured we could all carpool...

Cant wait, sounds like a great time !

Tom

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ed's sounds good. I never ate there my a cousin ate there while attending Penn State and she loved it.

Does April 17th or 18th sound good for everyone or would you rather have it moved up a week?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I am in the process of setting up a kayaking trip through the Grand Canyon of PA and one of the days is the 18th but things arnt set in stone. We most likely will be going in May so that shouldnt be an issue. With the 17th, isnt that the first day of fishing? I dont mind because I wont be out there but just a thought if any of the other guys are into it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey guys... Does it have to be a weekend?

Lets just do it some evening after work...

Meet there around 6:30 or 7:00, eat BS for a few hours and it wont be that late getting home...

I typically work till four at the latest, so I could even be at Eds as early as 5:30 or 6:00...

Not sure what your thoughts are, but the way weekends are scheduled, we might have a better chance on week night !

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would have no problem meeting during the week

1 - 20 of 48 Posts