The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Here is the schedule for the Curve. I go a couple times a season it is a entertaining time at the BCBP. I would be up to a Saturday game in May. I will be going to the Coyote Training pens in NY some Saturday in May so if we are going to do this I would need some advance planning. Would be nice to have our local WCO there in uniform for that game how about it Grouchy can you talk with Shawn and get his schedule. Can open it up to the Cresson Boy Scouts also.

http://www.altoonacurve.com/schedule/gameschedule/index.html?act[v]=graphical&frm[d]=2010-05-01&frm[e]=819

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Id be down for that. It would be cool to get a head count of who would be interested and call the park to set aside a specific ammount of seats and have people let them know they are part of the HPA group to sit together.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey there guys... That sounds like a great time...

If you let me know what game you are looking for, I could let shawn know about it...

I will probably not make this trip, cause the wife is due on July 10th, who knows what will be going on for the several weeks before and after that...

Sounds like a great idea though !

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I would go to this as long as I am not working. Noting like a ball game and can not forget those cruve burgers. I have not been to a game there in a few years.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd try to make this with the family...annouce it on the board to get a feel for numbers, and remind folks about the $1 off on your ticket if you present your hunting license. Funny how one dollar "savings" can change alot of minds.

Maybe get "welcome huntingPA.com" to flash on the scoreboard...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You guys are killing me... I Might be able to make it depending on how she is feeling that day and whats going on...

My Brother will also be home on leave from Korea as well...

Sounds like fun... I know you can get stuff up on the score board as well... It isn't really that much either !

Keep trudging along, will have to see as the day grows nearer...

Tom

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Rooster
Noah, Grouchy, and I are close and I can do most of the planning right from my desk.

If we place it on the boards can you make it a sticky. I may not be able to make that date. I have the training pen in NY reserved for that day. Maybe we can choose another date. But here is an announcement.

Attention all licensed Pa hunters and HPA members. Your HPA Rep's are planning a <u><span style="color: #FF0000">HPA FAMILY </span>night of baseball</u>. Come join us at the Blair County Ballpark in Altoona Pa to watch the Altoona Curve play ball. Present your Pa. hunting license and receive $1.00 off admission. We hope to have our local WCO in attendance with us. This is in the planning stage and we are looking for numbers of attendance for now. Please respond before May 24 if you are interested in attending. So what do you say, <u>Take Me Out To The Ballgame HPA</u>.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I wont make the 26th..we are having our north central meet and greet that day.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like we should pick another Saturdy regardless of who they play on it...never find one that works for all, but that one sounds tough on all.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ok Guy's here it is. I talked with Kathy at Group Sales. The $1 off by the PGC is for grandstand seats. Normal $6 will be $5. We need a min of 25 to reserve a block of seats and have Huntingpa put on the scoreboard,they need to be RSVP. I will have a sign up sheet from the curve soon. If we get 100 sign ups they will give an additional $.50 off for $4.50 a seat. The dates I choose are July 8th and 22nd both are free ball give away to the first 2000 and also beer specials. Aug 5th is a ball give away and beer specials. The BEER special is the key to these dates. Give me your thoughts and when the Curve e-mails the sign up sheet I will start a thread in the forums to get the BALL rolling. When this happens even Steamer will come up to see us.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hey gang here is the e-mail from the Curve. I have the sign up sheet and will transfer the names on it as members sign up in the posts.

Hi Dean –

Thank you for your interest in Curve Baseball! Attached is the sign up sheet for with the three date options we discussed. I also mentioned the give-away that will be handed out to the first 2,000 people to enter the ballpark, and also the fact that drink specials will be offered (for both beer and soda). We can see how many people sign up. I’d like to touch base by the end of this month to get a general idea of how many people are interesting in the outing. Perhaps we can talk the last week of May, and then set a final cut-off date based on interest levels. Does that work for you?

Thanks again Dean, and I look forward to seeing you and your hunting members in July or August, if not before!

- Cassie

Altoona Curve Baseball

Direct at 814.283.3116 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              814.283.3116      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Youth Clinics, School Days!

Next Fireworks May 8th!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I think any of the dates will work for me. Once a date is set we need to get this out on the main forums to guage interest/sign ups.

Great work Dean. Once again any help I am here

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are those all Thursday Nights?

Do what works first and foremost , but I doubt I can do a Thursday night, Which is OK, I mean I am going to want to be at all the events that are going to be formed here, but there is no way I can be.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Rooster

Yeah they are Thursday nights, Beer specials for "Thirsty Thursday". That is the only reason, I can get info on some Friday or Saturday no problem.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ok update,

July 9th and August 13th are Friday nights and there will be fireworks after the game also kids under 14 can run the bases after the game before the fireworks show, July 23rd is curve hat give away to the first 2000 and kids base run and is a Friday night.

Can we agree on these dates so I can get this out on the open forums for the membership to vote on a firm date and I can get Our First, Regional Rep activity made official.

Rooster when this hits the forums how or where do you want it, maybe a global sticky so we can promote our first activity as much as possible.

Thanks
Dean

1 - 20 of 33 Posts