The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a Pawn shop in Smethport along rt.6 the other day. Sat outside with whole bunch of other goodies.. Someone might want to check it out.. Might get it cheap..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ha, you domt know what kinda price was on it. I have a lone wolf i got for $50 this summer. I used it vs my summit viper. There are thing i hste about the lone wolf vs the viper. But a couple things i love about it. Not sure which one to keep.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have a LW Sit&Climb with the sling seat. The guy that sold it to me used it once. I still keep using my Summit Bushmaster.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I spent 9 seasons in a Viper...

This year I bought a lone wolf..a mobile hang on..not a climber....

At first I was upset...disappointed.. I got a good deal on the stand..but I spent a bit with add-ons for it...and I wasn't happy...at first...

Now...I haven't touched my Viper since and I've hunted a fair bit this season...I haven't done a drk to dark in it but I could..I've done dark till 11-nooon and back in a tree after a quick walk and drive to the next farm..

Setting up was a chore till I figured a few things out..

Now I can do it in 2 trips...2 sticks on the first grip and 2 sticks and the stand on the 2nd trip..

The options of trees is awesome...crooked trees...trees with limbs...thin trees...

I found myself not climbing nearly as high because I could climb trees with cover...that's safer and that offers a better shot angle for the Archer...

I also found it to be extremely quiet...I can't tell you how many times I was setting up and spotted deer...or literally just sat down and had deer below me...I don't recall that happening with the Viper...

In rifle season i think will be in the Viper just for the comfort and the rail..and I can climb high and not worry so much about shot angle or cover...

I'm now super happy with it...but definitely took most of the season for it to grow on me...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Dayton_Boy13 said:
Ha, you domt know what kinda price was on it. I have a lone wolf i got for $50 this summer. I used it vs my summit viper. There are thing i hste about the lone wolf vs the viper. But a couple things i love about it. Not sure which one to keep.
Two things. For $50 bucks id say its worth it just to keep it regardless. Also, for $50 bucks, id say it was either stolen or someone really retarded sold it to you. Either way good buy if you ask me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ha, i`ll hold onto it for a spare, especially now that mice chewed up the seat on the viper. It was sold to me at a yard sale, ladies brother died and needed to clean out a massive amount of hunting fishing and trapping supplies

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have 3 Lone Wolf stands and I love them all. A handclimber, a sit and climb wide, and an Assault hang on with 4 Lone Wolf sticks. I couldn't go back to Summit (I owned both an Open Shot and Viper).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts