The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from turkey hunting today I saw this bear run up over a high bank. I stopped and looked back and saw it standing there so I got in the back of the truck and grabbed my camera. By that time he moved farther back. I climbed up the bank to see if he was still around and lo and behold he was sitting on an old treetop. I had to walk a bit to the left, while he was watching me and I took a couple of quick shots and here's one:

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
very cool pic thanks for posting. what county?

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
runningdeer said:
very cool pic thanks for posting. what county?

Huntingdon

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GalThatFishes said:
nice size it seems!!
He really wasn't that big, I think mom booted him out this spring.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for the photo. I keep reading the posts on the turkey page to see when you will get your bird. I noticed you put a lot of time in beforethe season and I know it will pay off for you. Keep it up that bird will make a mistake or be in the right mood one day.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great! Should be seeing them now with breeding season coming on.

Funny story--- I tried to take a pix of one a couple of weeks ago on my cell phone but didn't have my glasses on and pushed the wrong button and wound up calling 911 by mistake,Operator thought it was funny as [censored].

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Very nice! Folks have had one in and out @ camp if you can pitcher this! A 4 X 4 A frame swing that has been repaired from bear damage turned in its end from the bear trying to find any bird seed( removed nightly ) Yes one of the A is straight up in the air! Folks have a photo but I have not seen yet! Will have to fix on my next trip in July(I hope).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts