The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Savage Edge .243 that I would like to have the trigger more sensitive. I know this is a low end gun so you get what you pay for, but is there any tricks or aftermarket triggers for this model to help with the horrible trigger pull?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
BuckFever101 said:
I know this is a low end gun so you get what you pay for, but is there any tricks or aftermarket triggers for this model to help with the horrible trigger pull?
Rifle Basix and Timney both make triggers for the Edge.

Jump over to Savage Shooters - Edge , lots of info.

Bill

·
Registered
300 Posts
WildBill said:
BuckFever101 said:
I know this is a low end gun so you get what you pay for, but is there any tricks or aftermarket triggers for this model to help with the horrible trigger pull?
Rifle Basix and Timney both make triggers for the Edge.

Jump over to Savage Shooters - Edge , lots of info.

Bill
X2 Timney triggers are fantastic in the Edge

·
Registered
805 Posts
I can not remember the forum I read it on, and it was for the Savage 200, I would guess it’s the same set up for the Axis. In any case a guy on that form made a lighter trigger pull by replacing the factory spring with one he made from a smaller size piece of piano wire.

I ask a gunsmith I know and he said yes he had done this and it worked out well. This was 3 or 4 years ago and he said it’s a $10.00 fix at the time.

He did say you could have warranty issues by changing the spring.

Basix and Timney trigger groups can be costly. I am not recommending this just passing along information.

I don’t own a Savage edge rifle, I do own two Savage Stevens 200s, The one did have an issue with the trigger, however over time it lightened up on its own.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
hornady said:
I can not remember the forum I read it on, and it was for the Savage 200, I would guess it’s the same set up for the Axis. In any case a guy on that form made a lighter trigger pull by replacing the factory spring with one he made from a smaller size piece of piano wire.
The Edge uses a coil.

The pre AT triggers on the 10/110/200 series used a piano spring. IIRC guys replace the pre-AT factory piano .053" wire spring with .040"-.045". I replaced all those I have with Timney's or SSS Comps.

Both Timney and Rifle Basix make a trigger for the Edge

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts