The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any reviews of this gun? I was looking into getting one in a .223 or .204 Ruger and was interested in your thoughts about the performance, fit and finish etc. Thanks in advance. Triple B

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I had one in 22 hornet it was the lightwieght varminter. Looked great and very accurate WHEN...... you could get it to chamber!!!!
From day one it would jam when trying to chamber a round. I ended up sending it back to savage. Not sure whats gonna happened. All I know is I will not buy another Savage after this and the issues I have has with my 22mag

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
GreenHeadHunter said:
I had one in 22 hornet it was the lightwieght varminter. Looked great and very accurate WHEN...... you could get it to chamber!!!!
From day one it would jam when trying to chamber a round. I ended up sending it back to savage. Not sure whats gonna happened. All I know is I will not buy another Savage after this and the issues I have has with my 22mag
I have the Model 25 Walking Varminter in 223 and love it. It shoots just as good as the Remington 700 I had. The only thing I don't like is the plastic clip, it only holds 2 in the clip and 1 in the chamber, but you only need one shot anyway.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got one in a 222 and like it I put a 3x12 on it and I'm grouping a half dollar at a hundred yards. I'm not a consistent shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts