The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one up at a local gun store. Has am old R.A. Litschl scope on it. Never saw a scope tube that skinny. Wondering if anyone has one of these rifles and what they think of it.

Mike

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
nontipical said:
Just picked one up at a local gun store. Has am old R.A. Litschl scope on it. Never saw a scope tube that skinny. Wondering if anyone has one of these rifles and what they think of it.

Mike
I think the scope is probably an old long tube RA Litschert Spot Shot? They were decent scopes, however not quite up to the quality of Unertl, Lyman, or Fecker......

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buckshot, that is exactly what it is. hoping to find some new rings and base for it would like to modernize the scope.
I cant wait to get an opportunity to take it to the range. Also picked up a rem model 572 for my daughter. We are both anxious to try our new toys. Are you familiar with this modle rifle at all the 23d

Mike

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I am not familiar whatsoever the gun, only the scope.........is the scope external adjustment? IE, the adjustment is on the rings, not on the scope itself??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to look. I have on lay away. will get out in 2 pays. when i go make a payment on it i will find out and let u know. Do you collect old scopes?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I do not necessarily collect them, but I have several of them, I have a lot of vintage Winchester, Anschutz, and Remington target rifles, and they were all designed to use scope in that style...........if it is an external adjust scope, there isn't a whole lot you can change on it, and may have a hard time finding parts....I'm not sure how prevalent they are for the Litschert's...........if it is external adjust, you will have to leave it how it is, or you may be further ahead selling it, as they bring fair money, and going with a modern scope.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts