The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one yet and how do they shoot?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got one and It shoots great!! Only glich is with the clip. Needs a attention when going in the gun. But very accurate and light without the recoil.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nobody hac bought one of these except me. I wonder why it was so had to find one. BTW It has been christened. Two, one shot kills.

·
Premium Member
23,863 Posts
Had a 210. great slugger w/solid frt bolt lock-up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just got one of these and I was wondering what type of scope rings and bases you used. I don't see the 220F listed on any of the charts. I tried a leupold 2 piece mount for a 110 and it seems like the shell is catching on the mount when I try to eject it - moreso with the empties after firing than when ejecting a loaded round. Have you had any issues like this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ihaved not had any ejection problems. You have to work the bolt like you mean it. I put on Leupold two piece base and the empty will clear so long as you work the the bolt. If you just pull it back slowly the shell will not eject properly.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I own a 210 and love it. here is the deal on the ejection problems. The gun is chambered for 3'' shells not 2 3/4''. if you use the one piece base the gun comes with and 3'' shells then you will be fine. if you switch to 2 3/4''' shells you need to use a savage 110 base, 2 piece and high rings. If you use the 2 3/4'' with the one piece base the spent case will hit the base and jam. if you use the 2 3/4'' with the 2 piece base and med rings the shell will most likely hit the bottom of the scope and fall back in the action.
Can you tell I spent a lot of time trying different things? I called Savage and a guy I know on the eastern shore of Md too for advice.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I shot the 220 today with 30-40mph winds so groups may have been better with different conditions. The gun shot a 3 shot 1 1/2" group at 75yds with 2 3/4" Remington Accotip Slugs. I will have to try some others under better conditions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I changed bases to the one Savage recommends on their web site. Interestingly it's a 1 piece type but I shot today and had no ejection problems with 3" shells and only 1 hang-up with 2 3/4" (I think I just eased the bolt back). Gun shot about 1.5" group with the federal 3" barnes expander at 50yds but I was pretty cold so it might do better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the 210. It shoots Hornady well but will not cycle follow up rounds with 2 3/4 rounds. Switched to cheaper Remington Buckhammer 3" mags. They are less than half the price, shoot tighter, cycle all day long and blow the [email protected] out ouf anything they hit. Had to find this out during a hunting trip. Wish the 20 ga was out before I bought the 12 as the 12 with 3 inch mags kill on both ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts