The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has the this shotgun? What are your thoughts on it.I may unload my 12 gauge for one.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I don't have one yet, but the key word is YET!!

I got to shoot a couple of them at a manufacturers demo day and all I can say is WOW!! They are a very accurate slug gun, we shot the Federal Premium with Barnes Expanders and got great results at 100 yards. The Rep told us that they were getting 2" groups at 200 yards on a regular basis

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Not bad at all. They come with a P.A.D. recoil pad that absorbs quite a bit.

Savage hit a home run with this gun!! The accutrigger, 110 action, pillar bedded one piece stock, and free floated barrel, make for a hard hitting, accurate and affordable slugger.

My first 2 shots of a 3-shot group at 100 were almost darn near one hole and the 3rd just a tad to the right.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
just bought one. it is a nice piece. very accurate. however it is tough to find the 3" remington accutips and federal barnes polymer tips. if you do find them....buy them all. :0 good luck!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
strange that savage would call this gun a220 because they made that model in a hamberles single shot. i have two of the original 220s, great guns. i carry one for deer slug gun, wouldn't part with it. supper light for my long hard hunting, 4#.

7.5# is too heavy for this old guy, go to it younger hunters.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Harrysigafoo said:
strange that savage would call this gun a220 because they made that model in a hamberles single shot. i have two of the original 220s, great guns.
The new one is actually called "220f" maybe the "f" is what makes it different from the original single shot. (?)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm planning to get one for next season. Look up the article by Randy Wakeman. If you want Federal slugs check out Midsouth shooting supply.
FH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts