The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience with the Hog Hunters? I'm considering buying a new .308, and have been trying to find out a little about them. Even the Savage website doesn't have much; just the rifle specs. They look like an ugly rifle, but if they handle and shoot well, then they are getting consideration. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Is that the green one? I thought about getting one and ended up with the Model 25 Walking Varminter instead.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's the green one. Went to Grices a couple weeks ago to look at one, and couldn't even get near the counter or talk to anybody. Place was PACKED!

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
scapper said:
Not trying to change your mind but currently 308 ammo. is tough to find.
It is extremely tough to find, I see some .243,.270, and 30-06 sitting around, but not much else, even 30-30 is scarce......

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the heads-up on the ammo. I might be naive, but I'm expecting things to settle down eventually in regards to ammo supplys.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I found one used at a pretty decent price, so I'm picking it up this afternoon.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it's a .308, and the guy gave me a box of ammo with it too. The end of the barrel is threaded for a brake or suppressor, and I just don't like the looks of empty threads, so I guess I'll put a brake on it. All I have to do now is save up for a scope! Rifle just "feels" like it's gonna handle well, and I like the over-size bolt handle. Hope she shoots good; time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts