The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Actually I think Savage made that Fox brand back in the late 40's or early 50's.
Good gun either way.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I had a chance to buy a Fox Sterlingworth, pin model, 12 gage a couple of months back. It was in good used condition with a few scratches in the stock and signs of being carried and used, bluing off the receiver, no wobble in action. The dealer wanted $1700.00 dollars for it. The kicker was it came with two sets of barrels and fore ends. One bored F&M the other M&IC, serial # matched. I though about it for a couple of weeks and decided to buy it. No longer for sale, dealer decided he like it so much he was going to redo it and put in his collection.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
fortgreg said:
I'm sure there are some knowlegable Fox guys on here, but with your broad description and no picture, it is impossible to determine an exact value. A 20ga Fox is a very desireable gun, and it was offered in many different grades. Condition is what determines the value on any collector gun, and peoples opinion on condition vary like the weather. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Agree, What made the gun worth more than usual, was the matched set of barrels with matching serial #'s.
I've seen the same gun from $500 to $1000, depending on condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.