The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im bringing back a old model B from the dead. Metal work is done and reblued plus new stocks made and ready for finish. My problem is after the trigger assemblies were reinstalled I can't get the second hammer to trip. Don't know if I missed something putting it back or missing a part.

If anyone hads a model B-ST (single trigger) and could help me out with some pics of the trigger assemblies it would be a great help.

Thanks!
Pappy

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe but what I was looking for was physical pictures of someones gun not the diagram of a model B. The diagram shows the parts but not how they are installed.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Gotcha! I don't own a B, lots of Foxes, but that won't help. Looking at those schematics it makes sense why most gunsmiths are grumpy old corn dodgers!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
repsagA29 said:
Have you tried You Tube?
No, but thats a very good idea and thank you.

Just thought a member on here would have one and take a picture or 2 for me.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Did you shoot the gun or just dry fired it. The second barrel sets from recoil. So if you are dry firing you need to bump the recoil pad on the ground to simulate recoil & it should fire if put together properly.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RayRay said:
Did you shoot the gun or just dry fired it. The second barrel sets from recoil. So if you are dry firing you need to bump the recoil pad on the ground to simulate recoil & it should fire if put together properly.
Sorry Ray but this is a mechanical action and not recoil activated. After alot of head scratching I found the problem and if you look back at Joe's diagram, spring #16 should be installed so that it gives up presure and not down. Here is a pic of the action...

Everything works as it should now and I can finish the new stock. Can't wait to get this out and bust a few clys with it. Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
That is going to look great.
If you leave that one behind the door at camp I am sure someone will remember! You do great work. Any thoughts on how you are going to decorate the wood?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Way to go Sir ! They can be a bugger. I once took apart a Savage .22 pump ( in front of a crowd ) and could not get it back together right. Two hours, most of my audience left, until I finally got it. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ok, my one single trigger double is recoil activated. Just trying to help.

You did a good job so far. How are you finishing the stock?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RayRay said:
How are you finishing the stock?
I will use True Oil to fill and remove each coat with 360 grit paper till the grain is filled. Final 2 coats will be a satin poly then let it sit for a week to get good and dry. That should give me time to find a nice checkering pattern to finish it off with. I will post up some pics when she is complete.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little long getting done with the finish but here it is before checkering. I picked up a 1897 Stevens Favorite 22 for a song and the refinish on it took some time away from the Fox. So here she is ready for checkering and I must say it turned out to be a nice piece of wood. The forend is in the upper right corner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts