The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Very accurate out of the box rifle from the one I've seen and had the oppurtunity to shoot. The Edge is a little slimmer in the grip than the Stevens, has a detachable box magazine, and a top strap action design similiar to the Tikka, and a little lighter on the wallet than the Stevens.

The triggers on the Edge are not great vs. the Stevens, very good out of the box trigger. Both rifles feature a barrel nut which theoretically means you could swap barrels if you so desired.

I think both the Edge and the Stevens 200 are hard to beat for an affordable rifle that will provide good accuracy and reliabilty.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have one in 223. Typical Savage accuracy but a really heavy trigger and a lot of plastic. I bought it to use as a "truck rifle" because I got tired of waiting for Marlin to release the xs7 in 223.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
SUPER ACCURATE RIFLE...I don't own any other Savages and was looking for a cheap toss in the truck coyote rifle..looked at all the $300-400 El-Cheappo Deluxes and boough the Edge.. it shot 5 shots in about 3/4 of an inch at 100 and 4 almost went through the same hole and the other about 1/2 low..broke it in with 10 single shots and clean with Butches and JB..barrel is very smooth and crowned nicely..only complaint is getting the clip out..it takes a rocket scientist and his brother.. but for $300 it's a great rifle. Can't believe I said that but I did and it's about a SAVAGE..would I buy another EDGE, YES ER REE!!

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I've had an Edge and I've used the Stevens 200. That's why I don't currently own either but do own a Marlin XL7. It's a better gun for the same money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts