The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to put this thread. I just noticed that Savage is making the Combination rifle/shotgun again in a 22LR/410 or 22 Mag/410. Has anyone purchased one of the new Savage Combinations? If so, how do you like it?
I know someone with an older combination model and I can't get him to trade or sell it. I guess I'll end up buying a new one. http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/Model42

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Wow that is ugly!! What a joke. Give me wood and blueing and maybe.

·
Registered
638 Posts
as uglee as savages are(thats all savages) a 22lr/410 combo would be a nice combo to have.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I would find a older model. There are lots of them out there.

·
Premium Member
24,275 Posts
If they made a 223/12ga or 223/20ga i'd consider buying one

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a Savage 2400 which was made for them by Valmet in Sweden in 222/12ga. Killed a lot of turkey with that gun.

Valmet is being imported directly now and the imports have inter changeable barrel for 12/12 and rifle/rifle. Barrels do not work on the 2400 though.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I almost hate to do it but those new ones are ugly. I bought this cheaper and its a great gun. Some say its to pretty to hunt with but it's my go to gun.

These classics are out there ya just gotta go find them.

·
Banned
212 Posts
I have the same gun in that picture, i bought from the brother of a 90 year old gentleman i worked for trimming x-mas trees, he was 95, and bought it brand new, it had a broken brokend trigger guard, he said he couldn't take any less than $35.00 for it and i couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough, a 10.00 replacement trigger guard and i was in business. That was my go to gun for alot of years and i killed my biggest gun buck ever with it. that gun will always have a special place in my gun cabinet. .22 mag over 20 gauge with a 3" chamber

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
mine is a older model,barrel selector is on the side of the reciever..22lr/410. rear site kept coming loose so i brazed it in place.many a rabbit with that gun,also its great for coon hunting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Been hunting for a 22 hornet version for years now.(never really hit the internet until lately) I have to agree with the above posts. The all black just isn't cuttig it for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I always got a kick out of the 22 mag that had a warning not to put a scope on it, but it had grooves on the top barrel so you know what I did. Hey it has not fallen off yet in the many years I've had it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts