The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As you know I made the leap and bought a Marling XS7S 7mm-08 last week, Well put money down on it. During my research I also fell in love with the 243.

I put an ad up on a gun trading site and got a hit for a savage axis in 243 in trade for my CVA Optima V2 pistol. I decided to take the trade and will be swapping on Sunday.

Does anyone have this package. It is camo and black, and has the bushnell scope on it.

What are your thoughts?

How do you like the scope?

What ammo do you find shoots best in it?

I am seeing this being more of my target and varmint rifle than my deer rifle, but if I get one with my 7mm-08 next year. I will be sure to take out the 243.

Thanks again. I look forward to reading your replies.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I bought one for my brothers wedding gift. It's the newer Axis model and his has the camo stock. The scope is super cheap, but works. Sighted it in a week before deer season when we were up at the cabin getting some chores taken care of. 1" 3 shot groups consistently after some initial sight in, that was @ 100 yards. Was shooting the 243 Win 100 gr InterLock® BTSP American Whitetail® factory stuff.

It's crazy, I've owned a number, or shot a number of budget guns from the XL-7, to the American, to the Axis and all of them are scary accurate.

Not a show piece in any sense of the word, but a heck of a hunting rifle for the price.

Scope is what it is, when $ allows I'd upgrade and be done with it. Maybe do one of the cheap trigger jobs and call it a day.

FYI - one of the gun sites I visit had $200 Axis packages in .270 a couple of days ago. Can't beat that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts