The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this trigger replaceable with a regular standard trigger? I can't stand AT's so I may buy a Savage and replace the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
octagon said:
Is this trigger replaceable with a regular standard trigger? I can't stand AT's so I may buy a Savage and replace the trigger. Thanks.

What don't you like, the "Accu-Release". If that's all just remove it, about a five minute job. I doesn't affect the trigger in any way, WOP,OT and etc, it only prevents the sear dropping all the way to prevent the firing pin exiting the bolt face and striking a primer if not pulled. Its another layer of safety, that's it.

Otherwise I suggest buying a Rifle Basin SAV-1, Timney(#638) or a Sharpshooter Competition. All my rifles have Timney's or SSS comps.

Bill

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. Yes it's thst middle trigger within the main trigger I don't like. Can you feel a hole in the main trigger when the main trigger is pulled once the middle trigger is removed? How is the main trigger pull normally on these rifles after the modification of the middle trigger? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
octagon said:
Thanks fellas. Yes it's thst middle trigger within the main trigger I don't like. Can you feel a hole in the main trigger when the main trigger is pulled once the middle trigger is removed? How is the main trigger pull normally on these rifles after the modification of the middle trigger? Thanks.
You may be able to feel the slot in the trigger with a bare finger. Some just fill it in with JB.

As I said before, contrary to popular belief the blade has no interaction with the trigger itself. It simply prevents the sear from dropping if its not fully depressed.

Bill

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I currently have four rifles with Sharp Shooter Supply triggers, one with a Rifle Basix (SAV-1) trigger, one with a factory Accutrigger and one with a modified (lightened) Accutrigger. The Sharp Shooter Supply triggers are the best for safety and weight of pull. If I were inclined to change an Accutrigger that would be the way I would go.

I can say from experience the the Rifle Basix trigger can be adjusted low enough to be dangerous and cause accidental discharges. But, as long as it's kept above sixteen to twenty-four ounces it works fine.

The lightened Accutrigger is pretty sweet but needs to retain the blade for safety. And, in my opinion, the factory Accutrigger is fine for a hunting rifle and acceptable for a varmint rifle, while offering a little extra "piece of mind".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts