The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in what a savage 340 30-30 bolt action rifle is worth a friend of mine is selling his for $275
Thank you

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have my Dad's old rifle that he bought when discharged from the navy following WWII. I have used it to slay a few PA buck deer and it is quite accurate.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
in decent shape $275 is going price. i've seen them a lot cheaper in so-so condition. they are decent guns. nuttin fancy but will get the job done.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought it off of him he went down to 250 its an older gentleman that i was able to hunt with a few times and helped drag the biggest bodied deer out he ever shot as he tells the story more sentimental thing then necessity thank you guys for your information

·
Registered
821 Posts
I purchased one of these rifles for my son a few years ago in the same price range. Not the most beautiful rifle but it does shoot surprising well for a 30-30.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
you did good. put some 170 corelokts in that thing and you'll like it. the older ones had issues with mounting scopes and needed a notch taken out of the side of the stock for a side mount. my brother has one and has killed a lot of deer with it. its a good kids gun as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts