The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a Savage 220 Turkey (bolt action 20 ga) and was planning on shooting Federal TSS #9s. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? How did the factory choke shoot? What kind of numbers are you getting with your particular choke and shell combo?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don't own the Savage 220 turkey but own the 220 slug gun. That will probably be the best trigger on a turkey gun out there. I love the trigger on mine. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
I just picked up a Savage 220 Turkey (bolt action 20 ga) and was planning on shooting Federal TSS #9s. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? How did the factory choke shoot? What kind of numbers are you getting with your particular choke and shell combo?
I'm sold on Trulock chokes. I have a Trulock choke on my Browning Gold specifically designed for Federal's Heavyweight #7 shot & it produces outstanding patterns. George Trulock(Owner) is great to talk to in helping you decide on what choke might best meet your expectations.

You may find helpful the below article on the Savage 220 Turkey gun re chokes etc:

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2015/5/5/savage-arms-custom-made-model-220-turkey-gun/

·
Super Moderator
12,494 Posts
Love the idea of the adjustable trigger. The only down side I have heard on this gun is if the bolt is not completely down it will not fire and is can be easy to bump it up unknown. That said I would not hesitate to buy one.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts