The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
They are probably pretty scarce? Haven't seen a M219 for sale in any form, in years. Probably the original "combo gun" single shot, long before H&R/NEF or Rossi got the idea?

A kid I went to school with in the 60s had one. 30-30 and 12ga barrels, IIRC? One of my Tioga kin has one in 22 Hornet and I've been trying to steal it for over 25 years, with no success.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, i also have been watching gunbroker.com. these things are like hens teeth to find, if just looking for a barrel

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 219, in a 30-30, but sure would like to have a hornet barrel. also seen a post here ,where some one was looking for a 22 hornet single shoot. h&r made a model 158 topper years back with interchangable barrels

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
NEF also made a combo gun in 20ga and 22 Hornet. I've had one for over 20 years. Even came with a black padded nylon "bag", that holds both barrels and the receiver in separate pouches, plus another pouch for a scope.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Savage 219 barrels are generally NOT interchangeable. They should be fitted by a gunsmith. Headspace is not eaasily adjusted, the under lug would need either ground or welded and refit. I know some folks swap them, but that can be dangerous.

The Savage 219 is leagues away and better quality than any of the H&R/NEF stuff.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
No question about that and the Hornet my cousin has, is also very accurate.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the gun shop i deal withs owner is an excellant gunsmith. full machine shop in the rear. they can build a gun from scratch if you want it. i definatly will have it checked out, if i can ever come up with one. thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey big bucks the mod 219 is a top notch shooterr nice and lite deadly acurate for a off the shelf gun from back in the day, I bought my first one in 75 for 35 hard earned bucks the second my son wanted paid 275 at public sale in perry co 2 yrs ago they hade a boat load of single shots there. watch the sale bills thats my advice. you still have a few months till most seasons come in. good luck

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what is a 219 in a 22 hornet worth? It has about 75% of the case coloring, about 95% of the bluing, the stock has a small crack and chip. It also has a crap centerpoint scope on it. Appreciate any help

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
There is one in the classifieds in the April Maine Sportsman, here's what the ad says:

Savage Model 219
30-30 Win, w/ additional 16 gauge barrel.
Manufactured in Utica, NY.
Excellent Condition for age.
$400. 207-924-3096

I don't know anything about the gun or seller, just thought I would share since you guys seemed interested in the model 219.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the other day i was helping to clean out an old barn/chicken house i came across a lone rusted single shot rifle barrel after a little checking i found the modle number on it it said savage 219 it looks like a .30 cal bore the lug & inside of the bore & chamber are pretty rusted. after all of that what do you guys think would it be worth takeing it to a gunsmith & having it cleaned up & finding a frame for it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts