The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a left handed Savage 111 Accutrigger .270. I just purchased a Redfield Revolution rife scope. The only thing left ( I have a sling ) are the rings and bases. Does anyone have any suggestions for good steel rings? The receiver is round ( in front of and behind the receiver ). Other Savage rifles have different receivers - for example some are flat on top. It is confusing on what to buy. I would prefer not to use extensions as well. Thanks for your help - I am itchin' to shoot it. Triple B

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Best suggestion is a EGW picatinny rail. Sometimes the base mounting length for a long action to scope mounting length causes problems, both the lengths and eye relief. A rail solves those problems.

The receivers you mentioned are refereed to as the "flat back", the top of the bridge was machined flat, the ring round. They were made in the early to mid '90s time frame IIRC. It was dropped with the introduction of the At actions. All actions now and prior the the flat backs have the round bridge and receiver ring.

Take a look at EGW Savage mounts

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts