The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
This issue is fast driving the PGC into extinction and will result in legislative control of what is in theory regulated by PGC currently.

The amount of intervention by the executive and legislative branches is significant, but it always has been. The willingness of hunters to resort to it is growing exponentially.

You're feeding a small dragon to get a result now, but that dragon's gonna grow and get hungrier than you can manage. It will bite us all till it's fully grown.

For a group of sportsmen to organize around calling Governor Wolf, of all people, on anything related to hunting in this state, paints a very, very clear picture of where we're headed as sportsmen. And if you don't like the change of the opener due to a loss of tradition, you're REALLY not gonna like where this path is going.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
This issue is fast driving the PGC into extinction and will result in legislative control of what is in theory regulated by PGC currently.

The amount of intervention by the executive and legislative branches is significant, but it always has been. The willingness of hunters to resort to it is growing exponentially.

You're feeding a small dragon to get a result now, but that dragon's gonna grow and get hungrier than you can manage. It will bite us all till it's fully grown.

For a group of sportsmen to organize around calling Governor Wolf, of all people, on anything related to hunting in this state, paints a very, very clear picture of where we're headed as sportsmen. And if you don't like the change of the opener due to a loss of tradition, you're REALLY not gonna like where this path is going.
contacting the gov or ga is a hunters only recourse when the BOC turns its back. Hunters have no say on the commissioners except through the GA, which is minimal at best.

You can’t say keep politics out and let politicians pick the commissioners.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
You likewise can't call the Governor while saying you want the GA and exec branch to keep politics out of the PGC.

The two are not compatible.

The only difference is whether you like or dislike the outcome.
under the current system the politics are being played behind closed doors and under tables. Those is done by certain “key members” acting on the commissioners they appointed and hold under thumb. If there is sufficient outcry to warrant the ga stepping over the boc decision it would be done by committee, in public, by the book. There is a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
There are so many calls to Wolf's office that they have a system set up to manage it.

That is all I need to know about what's going on for me to change my thinking. And changed it is.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
There are so many calls to Wolf's office that they have a system set up to manage it.

That is all I need to know about what's going on for me to change my thinking. And changed it is.
a system already? Wow that escalated quickly.

Fair enough

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I and a few people I know called to thank them for the Saturday... So that should cancel out some of the crying...

Pandora is out of the box, and this change will lead to Sunday Hunting as well. I like it..

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I and a few people I know called to thank them for the Saturday... So that should cancel out some of the crying...

Pandora is out of the box, and this change will lead to Sunday Hunting as well. I like it..
I’m not sure that it leads to Sunday hunting. I think it might w en hurt the chances. Reports are saying that there are differing opinions of the change in the house and senate. How many don’t like it I don’t know but I don’t think that helps the Sunday cause.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
under the current system the politics are being played behind closed doors and under tables. Those is done by certain “key members” acting on the commissioners they appointed and hold under thumb. If there is sufficient outcry to warrant the ga stepping over the boc decision it would be done by committee, in public, by the book. There is a big difference.

Politics has been played for a long long time. I would guess it started shortly after the PGC was formed.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You likewise can't call the Governor while saying you want the GA and exec branch to keep politics out of the PGC.

The two are not compatible.

The only difference is whether you like or dislike the outcome.
Politics has never been kept out of the PGC,anyone who has been paying attention would know that. There is no agency in state government that is exempt from politics and that is nothing new. Since the BOC is appointed through politics it only seems reasonable that when they screw up there are political ramifications. If not political ramifications, how else do you keep political appointments in line?

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Politics has never been kept out of the PGC,anyone who has been paying attention would know that. There is no agency in state government that is exempt from politics and that is nothing new. Since the BOC is appointed through politics it only seems reasonable that when they screw up there are political ramifications. If not political ramifications, how else do you keep political appointments in line?
John, I'm well aware politics are embedded in any/all forms of state agencies. I work in a school district. Politics abound. It's human nature.

BUT....

People cannot say "no politics" and then call the governor. The two don't align. That's the point I'm making, not that PGC should be immune from any/all politics.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
a system already? Wow that escalated quickly.

Fair enough
Did you read what Woods Walker posted about his phone call and what he was told?
Maybe I misunderstood your post I thought you meant an automated system specifically for Saturday complaints. Forwarding complaints to the PGC as WW mentioned didn’t strike me as a “system” per say

·
Registered
184 Posts
Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 PM
R. S. B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus22 View Post
"Really, if you don't like the idea of hunting on the Saturday opener, and want Monday to be your openre, then DON'T HUNT ON THE SATURDAY OPENER! There, that wasn't soo hard now, was it?
If you wait until Monday you are not hunting "THE Opening Day."

Some people don't seem to understand that fact the same as others don't understand why others don't just wait until that first Saturday of the season to start their hunting if they want to start on a Saturday.

The fact is "THE" opening day is special. If you miss "THE " opening day then you really have missed a special part of "THE" deer season. There is a difference between hunting "THE" opening day than just hunt "A" day of deer season."

Dick Bodenhorn
TnT55 and Woods walker like this.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Exactly

Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 PM
R. S. B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus22 View Post
"Really, if you don't like the idea of hunting on the Saturday opener, and want Monday to be your openre, then DON'T HUNT ON THE SATURDAY OPENER! There, that wasn't soo hard now, was it? If you wait until Monday you are not hunting "THE Opening Day."

Some people don't seem to understand that fact the same as others don't understand why others don't just wait until that first Saturday of the season to start their hunting if they want to start on a Saturday.

The fact is "THE" opening day is special. If you miss "THE " opening day then you really have missed a special part of "THE" deer season. There is a difference between hunting "THE" opening day than just hunt "A" day of deer season."

Dick Bodenhorn
TnT55 and Woods walker like this.

I agree buss22, everyone can now participate...win win. Your choice, your decision...pretty simple. TUVM for the post! :wink2: CleoW

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
John, I'm well aware politics are embedded in any/all forms of state agencies. I work in a school district. Politics abound. It's human nature.

BUT....

People cannot say "no politics" and then call the governor. The two don't align. That's the point I'm making, not that PGC should be immune from any/all politics.

This is precisely what I meant when I said it's hypocritical....because that is the very pointed truth of the matter.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
The only call I'd make to that liberal, POS weenie that calls himself governor is a call for his resignation. After he stood arm and arm with Peduto and encouraged him and others like him to pass illegal and unconstitutional laws, he can go get bent. No way I would want to get into bed with the devil.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Here's my only problem. Until this shakes out, the bolded statement is opinion.

41 - 60 of 198 Posts