The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard on the news the Board was going to disguss Saturday opener for gun season. I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
No need to change. Monday is a tradition that should be set in stone!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
yep, enough tradition has been broken in PA, let's not screw up another. Somewhere a line has to be drawn.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I agree it should be left as is, but it's really a game law not a tradition and game laws could change.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Been "burning" vaca days since 19-yeden on days afield. Burning the days to hunt is almost as much a tradition as the Monday opener.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They changed bear season and that hasnt ended badly.....why not do it for deer? I for one would support it...for the working man you could hunt the first day (Saturday) and then still burn a vacation day for the second day (Monday). Sounds like a 2 for 1 deal to me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Would it be the saturday after thanksgiving or the next saturday. If the next saturday id go for it, its usually colder and maybe have better chance of snow.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
If they decide they can sell X amount more licenses and make X amount more $$ they may well change it. It would give the young school-aged hunter 1 more day also.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
No vote for this non-resident(my choice), but adding a Saturday as an opener, not only would change a tradition, how would over 600,000 hunters on a Saturday, affect the overall harvest.

As long as the state gets its anticipated harvest, the harvest times will not change. Too many hunters; too much risk in change.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
mus42tang, I agree with your first statement, but that doesn't seem to ever help direct any decision in this screwed up state. It's all about the almighty $$ or who screams the loudest. Start it on saturday and I bet all I have that you will start hearing people cry about not being able to hunt the day afterward

·
Registered
806 Posts
YES! saturday opener, For the working hunters, and for the kids! or at least give us sunday hunting.

All season I hear "no hunters in the woods" now it's Too many hunters in the woods.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts