The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Good pick for Barkley, great pick for the Giants. Figure it should not take long before Odell Beckham starts to whine about who should get the lions share of the carries.
Barkley is the bigger, speedier and more elusive of the 2 and will grow and learn as his NFL seasons progress.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Good pick for Barkley, great pick for the Giants. Figure it should not take long before Odell Beckham starts to whine about who should get the lions share of the carries.
Barkley is the bigger, speedier and more elusive of the 2 and will grow and learn as his NFL seasons progress.
Not much of a NFL fan but I am 99% sure Beckham is a wide out so I don't think he will mind Saquon carrying the ball as it should free up some safeties so he can do his thing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not much of a NFL fan but I am 99% sure Beckham is a wide out so I don't think he will mind Saquon carrying the ball as it should free up some safeties so he can do his thing.
:rotfl:

I'm not a Giants fan, but am a Barkley fan. Does anyone know what the Giants OL is like?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
:rotfl:

I'm not a Giants fan, but am a Barkley fan. Does anyone know what the Giants OL is like?

It was a little sketchy last year....but opposing D lines could pin their ears back and go after Eli. Having Saquon back there will change that a little bit....and O line guys usually prefer to run block vs. pass block so they should be happy as well.

Saquon is an unreal physical freak of a beast....29 reps at 225lbs on the bench (and that was 5 under his personal best), he pulls 400lbs+, can run sub 4.4 in the 40 with a vertical jump of 41". I would not want to try to tackle +/- 230lbs coming down hill at 4.4 speeds with the hips and feet of running backs much smaller. He will also make for a nightmare of a match-up issue when they line him up in the slot to run some pass routes....and who knows if they use him in the return game - probably not, but we can dream. And that's just the physical stuff - he's a fantastic young man and will surely be a great ambassador for the sport and his PA hometown roots. NY should only be a couple-hour drive from his hometown, which is nice for him and his family.

OBJ might not like how less often Eli will be throwing the ball with a great running back.....but as stated earlier, having to respect the Giants run game with Barkley should open up the secondary for OBJ to run loose.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
I an aware they are not playing the same position but if the Giants don't do something to replace the declining Eli there is going to be more plays involving the run....aka Barkley than passing, this is where OBJ will be the decoy to pull the safeties deep and allow Barkley to do what we saw him do countless times at PSU

Besides getting a great talent the Giants can be pretty sure they aren't getting a problem child who will be known for his off the field antics than his play on the field.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It was a little sketchy last year....but opposing D lines could pin their ears back and go after Eli. Having Saquon back there will change that a little bit....and O line guys usually prefer to run block vs. pass block so they should be happy as well.

Saquon is an unreal physical freak of a beast....29 reps at 225lbs on the bench (and that was 5 under his personal best), he pulls 400lbs+, can run sub 4.4 in the 40 with a vertical jump of 41". I would not want to try to tackle +/- 230lbs coming down hill at 4.4 speeds with the hips and feet of running backs much smaller. He will also make for a nightmare of a match-up issue when they line him up in the slot to run some pass routes....and who knows if they use him in the return game - probably not, but we can dream. And that's just the physical stuff - he's a fantastic young man and will surely be a great ambassador for the sport and his PA hometown roots. NY should only be a couple-hour drive from his hometown, which is nice for him and his family.

OBJ might not like how less often Eli will be throwing the ball with a great running back.....but as stated earlier, having to respect the Giants run game with Barkley should open up the secondary for OBJ to run loose.
Thanks OAWC.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
The first round pick should be a little nervous going to the Browns, they ruin QB's it's what they do. I think they have gone through about 2 dozen QB's since Big Ben first started.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The first round pick should be a little nervous going to the Browns, they ruin QB's it's what they do. I think they have gone through about 2 dozen QB's since Big Ben first started.
The Browns passed on Roethlisberger on the 2004 draft, and Rodgers the next year. Since then, some of the QBs they passed on: Cutler, Flacco, Wilson, Carr, Bridgewater, Garappolo, Wentz, Prescott, and Watson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts