The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Started the day at ballpark...slow. moved down lower and hit it fair till 3, then dead. Mix of king coho steel n browns. Some guys friday was better others today. River was packed from top to bottom. Cleaning station had 50 fish in line. Heard decent reports in all areas but altmar. Only lot that was not crowded.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
ugh i cant head up until Monday and the reports are killing me. My buddies are leaving at midnight tonight. we were fortunate enough to find a spot 2 years ago that there was no one at and killed them. We went last year for a week to the same spot we saw 2 people all week close to us. It was like having the river all to ourselves. Hoping its like that again. Good luck to all thats going up.

·
Registered
830 Posts
pchunter1231 said:
ugh i cant head up until Monday and the reports are killing me. My buddies are leaving at midnight tonight. we were fortunate enough to find a spot 2 years ago that there was no one at and killed them. We went last year for a week to the same spot we saw 2 people all week close to us. It was like having the river all to ourselves. Hoping its like that again. Good luck to all thats going up.
I hope you find your little slice of undisturbed river heaven again.

One difference fron 2 years ago - pleny of additional privately owned driftboats.

I know of several "lonesome river curves of yesteryear. Today - you may find drift-boats backed up like like limos at an LA Movie preview.

Not knockin the guys with boats, but like you - I prefer peace & tranuility- vs- a Walmart Parking lot.

either way - GO GETTUM - RIP SOME LIPS

·
Registered
663 Posts
DSR reports have greatly improved. looks like steady stream of fish last 3 or 4 days. Dang I wish I was fishing there now.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Started out at black hole. First half hour saw at least 30 fish hooked up in the small stretch I could see. I lost 2.

At noon we went to trestle pool. Wish I would have went there all day!! There was a constant flow of fish the 3hrs I spent there. As I was leaving I watched 6 swim up and into the hole. I was hooked up multiple times, but luck wasn't with me on landing one because of netting abilities and fishing etiquette of others. Lol. I left at 3 but my dad stayed until dark. Not sure how he made out yet. A guy with us pulled out a pretty Brown too.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Great couple of days on the river with some good friends. Not a huge push of fish but a steady trickle throughout the day. I didnt get there until late monday night but Tuesday was the best day all week. Multiple hookups and a few were landed. I ended up catching a 26 in Steelie and a 30.5 incher as well. Wasnt trying to catch those buy they grabbed my rubber salmon egg but they were fun to fight. our group managed to land close to 30 salmon this week with many hookups. Cant wait for next year already.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts